The Women's Club of Saint Timothy Catholic Church
Our purpose is twofold:
A) We provide assistance to the parish through donations for repairs and new equipment. Recent activity included:
- The purchase of a new floor scrubber for Jose
- The new refrigerator/freezer for the kitchen
- Painting and new lights in the Hall kitchen
- Contribution with purchase of a new heating system for the Hall
- The purchase and installation of new electrical outlets in the Hall
- Contribution to the purchase of the new lighting system in the sacristy
- Repair of two of the large drawers under the stage in the Hall
B) We provide a source of social interaction and involvement for the women of the parish through the following activities:
- A catered lunch is provided on the third Thursday of the month; Generally there is a speaker who provides information on topics of current interest, or games, including bingo. Door prizes are awarded at each luncheon.
- Several times a year we have a trip to such places as the races at Santa Anita, the Reagan Library, Descanso Gardens and other points of interest. Excursions include lunch. We travel to our destination and back by bus..
Hospitality Sunday and book sale:
- On the second Sunday of the month we provide coffee, tea, juice and a large selection of breakfast rolls, donuts and various other delightful sweets. At this event we also have a wide selection of used books for sale at very inviting prices.
Christmas Boutique and other activities:
- At Christmas time we have a boutique where Thanksgiving and Christmas items can be purchased. Many of these are crafted, over the summer, by the very talented members of the Women's Club.
Other activities as the opportunity arises.
Women's Club Officers
Other Board Members include:
Membership & Hospitality Chairman